Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Why Steam whyyyyyy?!?!?

Steam is having sales again. I regard this as simultaneously a blessing and a curse. The reason for this is timing.

As you would likely know, it is practically Christmas. This means that, for most people in Western countries, that they have spent copious amounts of money on presents for people. I know I have!

In addition to this, I have spent a large chunk of money within the last two days for doctors and dieticians. While I would hardly call myself penniless, I am in a state where I am very careful about what I buy in terms of leisure items, since I want to actually save some money for holidays next year (Melbourne and Japan are the planned ones).

So of course, this means that Steam must have a sale. Its always the same pattern - Steam has a crazy multiple day sale where most games have hefty discounts when I either have no money at all, or am unwilling to spend much.

Why do they do this? They seem to have an uncanny ability to make games stupidly cheap, stupidly easy to acquire (I mean cme on, just download the thing once you've paid!), and stupidly tempting, at times when buying games is the last thing you should be doing!

Despite this, I bought Deus Ex collection yesterday for $3, and Super Meat Boy for about the same price.

Damn you Steam!

No comments:

Post a Comment