Saturday, December 11, 2010

Picnics, children and Oprah Winfrey

So, had a picnic in the city with my girlfriend, and a few friends from the omnipresent Madboards (the Madman anime forum) today. Was entertaining in general.

Though Oprah was trying to steal the Botannical Gardens - the venue we had selected for the picnic, which had begun planning at least a month ago... if I recall correctly. (I'm not allowed to plan things because I'm just generally bad at it - as I am at a lot of things)

So, after meeting up with Oni-5, her daughter Isis, Soul Master Kaze, KBZ and her children Beth and Zac, we walked over to the Botannical Gardens.

Well, we would have. However, with Oprah around, one cannot simply walk into the Botannical Gardens. Instead, we had to walk to the Opera House (and no, I refuse to call it the Oprah house since it existed before she did, and really, it was not built for her. Anyone who calls it the Oprah House in honour of Oprah Winfrey should be shot. In the face. With something that stings).

Then, after dodging the construction for the talk show stuff, we proceeded into the park, and ate foods.

Oni-5 made some really cute sushi. They had faces and things!

Unfortunately, my meal wasn't particularly heavy, due to trialling a gluten-free diet until I can see the specislist again, but I digress.

After food was eaten, there was a slight... disturbance in the force between SMK and Beth, which resulted in one storming off, the other looking for the first one, the first one returning, and the other being missing for a while, still looking. Yes, I'm being vague. No, this was not particularly fun.

After all was resolved, we walked around the gardens for a little while and then got ice cream, and parted ways. Quite a good day apart from the slight disturbance in the force right after lunch.

On another note, I don't see why people are so happy about Oprah being here. She was paid to come here, and she brought her own audience! Aren't Australians good enough for her show? Yes, I understand that some tickets were released to Australians, but seriously - she has her show in America ALL THE TIME. She goes on a tour, which would, theoretically, allow a different demographic to show up. And she brings her own audience. Clearly she doesn't want a different demographic. I wonder why... scared? This confuses me greatly.

Most of her audience probably didn't even know where Australia was anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment