Thursday, May 19, 2011

Random Ramblings

I haven't been sleeping well lately. This is due to a lethal combination of playing Final Fantasy XIII until late (working on all of those hunting side missions!), my brother's snoring, and his alarm. Unfortunately, I share a room with him, and he gets up for work early in the morning (commonly known as the "wait, there's a 4.30 AM now?!?" period). This, in itself, isn't a problem. I used to do the same thing. The problem lies in the alarm he has selected - he uses his iPhone for an alarm (which many people, myself included, do). THe iPhone allows a great many options for alarms and ringtones (though sadly, not for SMS tones), in fact, anything song you have saved on your phone you can use as an alarm.
So why in all the flaming circles of hell did he decide to use Apple's default siren as an alarm? This is a siren which makes it sound like the room is going to explode and we are all evacuating. As a wake up tone! Which almost always wakes me up along with it.

I swear I'll throw that phone out the window one morning...

I've been listening to a fair bit of music by the Black Mages lately. I know I'm late to the party, but for those who don't know, they are a band formed by Nobuo Uematsu to perform rock renditions of Final Fantasy music. They have subsequently broken up, and since then Nobuo has formed another group called Earthbound Papas.
One thing I find strange about this, is that they do a rendition of "To Zanarkand", the piano song from Final Fantasy X. All well and good, but its identical to begin with, until, two minutes in, it suddenly kicks in with guitars and drums etc. And lyrics.
I wasn't sure how I felt about it until I heard it a fair few times. I like it, oddly enough. I will take this as further proof that Nobuo can do no wrong (as if I needed proof!).

This is the song in question

Why do I get the feeling I've written the above paragraph before?

So, apparently the world is going to end tomorrow. I don't know where people get these ideas from, just because some old guy in America (where else) says so, and a bunch of people don't even bother looking at the facts. Facts such as him having claimed the same thing for years ago (and I think the world still exists today... well either that or we've been plugged into the Matrix and don't have a clue). Also, the fact that he claims that Gay Rights movements are a sign of "The End" makes things even more suspect, in my eyes (and in the eyes of most reasonable human beings, I would think).

Artist's rendition of the guy making said predictions

Tomorrow is work on the costume day again. It's starting to come together a bit more now, though I would be lying if I said I was completely confident in my (our? I do have a lot of help here...) ability to get it finished in time for Supanova. Also, the fact that I will be wearing what is, for the most part, a completely white suit worries me slighlty. Mainly because it likely means I will not be allowed to eat.
Which is probably fine, since how am I going to find gluten free food there? I might have to pack something for nomming on... >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment