Monday, February 14, 2011

Games Games Games

Americans get to play Marvel vs Capcom 3 very soon. Like, midnight tonight in whatever stupid timezone they have. I hate you, America. Give me my game already. Grrrr.
I've already decided two thirds of my annihilation party as well (character usefulness notwithstanding) - Dante and Deadpool. Mainly coz they're awesome. The third could well be Viewtiful Joe, or Zero, creating a team entirely of RED.

A friend gifted me Monday Night Combat on Steam the other day. I haven't played any of it beyond the tutorial - but that part was at least fun. It kind of has a Team Fortress 2 feel to it, but making it third person, and allowing for single player defence of the money ball. Tonight, I'm totally gonna give it a bit more of a play.

I haven't touched WoW in at least two weeks. And somehow, I don't miss it. Until I realise that I still haven't quite hit level 85. I don't know, I want to hit level 85, but there are many other games to be playing at the moment.

I prepaid for Dragon Age 2 on Steam. I still haven't played much of the first one. Well, scratch that, I played it for a fair while, however this consisted of replaying the early stages of the game repeatedly. I believe I have completed the Mage origin story and the Ostagar Castle segment of the game at least 4 times now. I have been besieged with horrific luck with this game - one time losing my save and having to start over. Another time finding a weird glitch where it would always revert my save to be inside Lothering again, then upgrading my PC and losing content due to that. Eventually I'll finish it.

Damn, I want Marvel vs Capcom 3 now. NAO I SAY!

I bought a strange little game on the iPhone on Sunday. It's called Dungeon Raid - and combines a puzzle game with an RPG. This is a combination I thought I would see the last of with Puzzle Quest (and my clone of it in Game Dev Story). I thought wrong. It works quite well, although for some reason I still cannot top the score I got on my first play. There's got to be something wrong with being able to get a good score on your first play - and then being unable to repeat it when you understand how the game works!

I also found Devil May Cry on the iPhone. This makes me happy, except for the part where it didn't work - it froze. I then read reports that it worked if you turned WiFi off and were patient with the seemingly frozen load screen. I tested that this morning - lo and behold! The game works! Due to being at work, I didn't actually play the game, but that's likely what my trip home will involve. Or maybe just more Dungeon Raid. Or Final Fantasy Tactics...

I seem to be reaching the late sections of Final Fantasy II. Again, playing this on the iPhone. It was much cheaper to spend $5 or so on the iPhone for it, than to track down and spend $50 on the PSP version. Totally worth it - and the game works just as well. I think its actually identical to the PSP version, so go for it, if you get the chance!

I want to play some Final Fantasy XIII, but my girlfriend just bought a PS3, and wants to play it together. So I'm waiting for her to catch up before I play again. Couple this with staying at her place for the next week and a half starting on Thursday, and I won't be touching the game again for a while. I'll probably forget how the battle system works (again) by the time I get back into it :P

Where's my copy of Marvel vs Capcom 3? :(

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes is fun. Don't expect a sophisticated game though - it is literally the Dynasty Warrior / Samurai Warriors engine with some tweaks, and shiny graphics, and superpowered samurai. Its still good fun to play as Date Masamune, slashing people up with six swords (all at once, held between his fingers. Yes, he fights as if he's Wolverine, but with swords instead of mere claws).

Ooh, Bulletstorm and Deus Ex: Human Revolution appear soonish! I played Duty Calls, the Call of Duty parody that was an ad for Bulletstorm. Quite a funny game, if you can't afford the 700 MB or so download, then watch the video playthrough at the very least.

I just lost The Game.

Quite sad news that Guitar Hero has officially been killed by Activision. Though interesting that Harmonix plan on pressing ahead with Rock Band. Maybe that means we'll see some of the pro instruments in Australia?
Yeah, as if. That would imply that American game companies saw us as an actual market, rather than a strange sized dump on the southern end of the planet.
I wonder what'll happen to DJ Hero...

I want Marvel vs Capcom 3 gah it hurts just sell me the game already!

1 comment:

  1. Pro Instruments come out in Aus is Smarch!

    Also damn you and your game making me lose.

    ReplyDelete