Sunday, January 30, 2011

My Back Hurts.

Well, it did, anyway.

Last Friday was my girlfriend's birthday, and so we spent the weekend together doing random-but-already-somewhat-planned-by-her-mother stuff. Friday consisted of work, followed by giving her presents, then getting takeaway pasta from a nearby place. Luckily they were good on the gluten-free thing, so weren't killing me via foodiness.

She was given a new car stereo for her birthday - with a huge (read scary) subwoofer in the boot. Hilariously enough, the subwoofer unclips and can be removed if we want to use the boot for, you know, holding things.

I gave her a trinket box with a dragon on top, and a large dragon figure. I forgot to take a photo of it, but that wouldn't do it justice anyway. Its a large red dragon, wrapped around a castle tower, wings spread out. The entire figure is taller than my head - it surprised me when it came out of its box!

On Saturday morning, we went and had a massage. This is why my back hurt - it was my first time having a massage, and the dude probably figured out quite quickly what my occupation is, considering the amount of time he spent doing ouchy related things to my back and neck. Eventually I caved in and got the guy to put less pressure on me - as good as it would have done, it was simply hurting too much.

The massage did wonders for my fingers though, which I've annihilated with years of gaming.

After that, we spent some time gaming, then went out to a French restaurant for dinner. It was alright.

Sunday was a lazy day, spent mostly on videogames, and in the pool, though we did spend some time beginning the cosplay outfits. Now I have cut material for my cape. Kinda scary really, now that its started. We also went to the Starlight Cinema that evening, to watch Tomorrow When the War Began. The film was average (admittedly not as horrible as I expected the book to movie conversion to be), though the cinema people megafailed us.

Mainly due to the fact that, somehow, they had managed to have the focus of the projector completely wrong. The ads were crystal clear, but the movie was blurry as all hell - it was almost like I'd taken my glasses off for the duration of the film, without the comfort of actually not wearing my glasses! Annoying!

Anyways, Happy Birthday Sarah!

No comments:

Post a Comment