Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Musings of the Day

No amazingly coherent topic today, so the following is a bunch of potentially speakworthy thoughts I've had in the last few days.

Today, the 3rd Humble Indie Bundle was released. I haven't played any f the games in the pack, but I bought it anyway - I've heard very good things about VVVVVV (well, heard its difficult at least), and have seen "And Yet It Moves" in action, which was kind of interesting. Besides, supporting Indie devs and charities simultaneously is awesome. Buy it. Now.

Why did Amy Winehouse's death bump the Norwegian slaughter off the front page of the news? One (admittedly) talented, trainwreck of a woman dies (likely due to a Charlie Sheen-like dosage of some illicit material), and due to her fame, appears to get more exposure than a freakin terror attack. I realise this is an old complaint, and not particularly fair to Amy or her family, but surely there was a fubar there somewhere?

This morning I got off the train at Central Station (as I tend to do on my way to work), to find that there was a large group of people waiting at the door to get on the train. Said group of people refused to move to let me off the train, and wondered why I pushed them out of the way. (I'm fairly sure I made a rage comic about this and posted it somewhere...) Maybe next time, I'll just stay on the train and block their path on -.-

Also, this morning, I was walking up the hill from the station, to work (again, as I have a tendency to do). Unfortunately, I got caught behind three people walking together, who blocked the entire footpath. This isn't such a problem really, except for the fact that they were all smokers. Who were continuing to smoke as they walked slowly up the hill. When they exhaled their smoke, it stayed where it was (as it tends to do if there's no wind), which forced me and the other poor souls behind them to walk through a massive cloud of cigarette smoke.
Smokers - I don't mind if you decide to slowly poison yourself with those contraptions. Really, its none of my business. What IS my business is that your stupidity forces me to endure massive stinky clouds of death in my face. If you're gonna light up, at least do it somewhere where other people won't be forced to inhale your second-hand smoke. Have a little common sense, geez!

I've been fairly steadily playing through Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection. It's quite good, though it does feel excessively long. This is likely due to the fact that I am essentially playing three games in one - the third one being episodic in nature. Not to mention that they're all RPGs! Other things I have been playing are listed on my Backloggery page. I urge you all to make an account there, that way we can compare games :P Feel free to add me to your multitap!

I apologise for the lack of posts in recent times, but I've been fairly busy at work (been moved onto a different, short project with a tight deadline. Also, the project itself is boring) which has been utterly wiping me out, making it difficult to come up with a coherent, semi-interesting topic, let alone put words into that topic. I will try to do better in future.

1 comment: