Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Zombies

I have been asked by Spritza (one of you three readers out there) what my Zombie Apocalypse plan is.

There are many potential plans, and many facets to most of these plans. Of course, this all completely discounts the fact that an apocalyptic zombie outbreak is nigh on impossible, but its a fun one to think about.

Of course, any zombie plan of mine starts out with getting out of whatever unfortunate hole I'm stuck in at the time, and making my way to whatever unfortunate hole Spritza happens to be in at the time to ensure her safety.

Once that is done, well, I have very little idea since zombie plans seem to change like the wind nowadays. Although a very good idea that I've heard is to get somewhere extremely cold. Like Alaska or something.
This is because zombies, as we all know, are dead. They do not create their own body heat as a result, and so they freeze solid. They might still be alive, but they're harmless if they're encased in ice.

Another idea brought up by the afore-linked article is that zombies can't take heat either, since they're essentially sacks of rotting meat. As such, moving to the desert would also work. On the other hand, its the freaking desert. If I had to pick between a frozen tundra and a burning hot, waterless hellhole, I'll take the tundra every time.

Besides, I'm allowed to start fires in a tundra - it helps people keep warm. Admittedly it'd be much more difficult to start said fire, but I doubt that it'd be impossible.

A friend of mine from back at QANTM had a more interesting zombie plan - the plan was to essentially colonise the top of Centerpoint Tower (in Sydney), cordoning off the top floor of the shopping center, and living at the top section. Hack the lift to ensure it stays at the top, and have a zip line over to the nearby malls and such for emergencies.
I fail to see how you would manage to secure food safely in said plan, but I do not remember the details perfectly well (this conversation took place about two years ago, after all).

A year or two ago, I played a Zombie RPG with some friends called "All Flesh Must Be Eaten". Unfortunately, I played a pivotal role in completely destroying the campaign in the second session, in that my character, who was of the "Hacker" archetype (and was essentially me, if I was smarter) started a sizeable vegetable patch on the roof of the bar we had cleared out (which was essentially the Winchester from Shaun of the Dead). Following that, we ventured out into the city to look for supplies - a veture which, in some ridiculously awesome manner, I managed to find a minigun. When we returned to the pub (with more seeds for the veggie patch, barbed wire to make a perimeter with, lots of guns, and plenty of dead zombies in our wake), I turned said minigun into an automated zombie-destroying turret.

Game over, survivors win. Forever. We actually decided to halt that campaign there since there would be no point in continuing.

Failing all of this in a real life situation, I suppose we could all just plant a lot of plants on the front lawn, move on up to the roof and watch them shoot the zombies for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment